Network1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network1Log in

Network1

descriptionMeasles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses EmptyMeasles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses

more_horiz
Measles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses
https://www.theroot.com/measles-racism-and-how-america-ignores-deadly-viruses-1834593444

descriptionMeasles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses EmptyRe: Measles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses

more_horiz
Well, the whole situation is more complex than it seems - and I'm mostly referring to the racism mentioned in the article.  Well, a lot of times, "We don't know where people are coming from!".  For instance, I know people who are friends with blacks, maybe even have had children with them - yet, they are massive politically in-correct.  In other words, they scoff at hypersensitivity and might even like the Confederate flag.  However, though, on the other hand, indeed, racist people - as in hardcore - love the Confederate flag and Trump.  There's no denying it!

descriptionMeasles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses EmptyRe: Measles, Racism and How America Ignores Deadly Viruses

more_horiz
Well this is a new one to me. I've never heard of anyone trying to connect anti-vaxxers to racism until now and I totally disagree with the concept. I met a bunch of anti-vaxxers on a mothering forum about 20 years ago and it was like a herd of sheep following one leader to made a comment and convinced everyone to follow suit. That's how it happens. Mothers become afraid of something and want to protect their own children because they're ignorant and follow someone else they trust. Race never came into play and I knew plenty of those types of ladies.

more_horiz
Racism hasn't disappeared in the United States.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum